In the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, we are working with Unidos Pa' Puerto Rico to send food, medicine, and supplies to impacted communities in Puerto Rico. Many of us have friends and families in Puerto Rico and they will need our help and support in the months ahead as they recover.
We are collecting small donations at our offices at 174 Diamond Street Mondays to Fridays from 9AM-5PM or Tuesdays and Thursdays until 7pm by appointment. All donations will be taken to the Unidos Pa' Puerto Rico warehouse for sorting and shipping located at 956 E Erie Avenue. (See below for instructions for donating directly at the warehouse.) Large donations (ie more than a few bags or boxes) can be taken directly to the Unidos Pa' Puerto Rico warehouse.
You can also donate money online here or by writing a check to NSCA with "Puerto Rico Relief" on the memo line. Donations will be used to purchase supplies for Puerto Rico. All donations will be shipped to Puerto Rico as part of the Unidos Pa' PR efforts.
Items Needed (Updated 10/10/17):
- 5 Gallon Water Jugs
- Water Filters (Pitchers and Replacement Filters)
- Water Enhancers (w/Vitamins and Electrolytes)
- Battery or Solar Powered Lights and Fans
- Heavy Duty Trash Bags
- Canned or Bagged Beans
- Canned Meals (Stews, Soups, Chili)
- Tuna or Other Canned Meat
- Boxed Instant Meals
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Vegetables
- Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce
- Healthy Snacks
- Hair Brushes and Combs
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Adult Diapers
- Hand Sanitizer
- Medicated or Alcoholic Wipes
- Over the Counter Medicine (i.e. Aspirin, Tylenol, Cough Medicine, Etc)
- Bandages and First Aid Kits
- Diaper Creams
For Large Donations/ Unidos Pa' PR Warehouse
Large donations can be taken directly to the Unidos Pa' PR warehouse at 956 East Erie Ave, Philadelphia PA. The entrance to the warehouse is on I Street between Erie Ave and Venango St. Look for the large banner and follow the service road to the end. The warehouse is receiving donations Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm and Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. Please package food items separately. When you arrive, mention that you heard about the efforts through NSCA. Warehousing and distribution is handled by Enertia, LLC.
See the attachments below for information on donations.
- Label/identify the contents within each box or bag.
- All boxes should be under 40lbs. (Try not to packed canned goods in large boxes. It should not be difficult for one person to lift.)
- Seperate all donations according to type (i.e. food should be seperate from toiletries).
- We cannot accept:
- open or used items
- food in rusty, severely damaged, or unlabeled containers
- outdated or expired food items
- outdated or expired medications
- homemade canned goods or re-packaged goods
- prepared foods that are unpackaged
- alcoholic beverages.
Volunteers are also welcome to drop by during open hours to help sort, pack, load, and unload supplies. Please contact Philadelphia Prevention Partnership at (215)613-7013 or Madeline Negron at (267)850-2342.
Unidos Hacemos Más!